Operational Risk Group Manager (Third Party Initiatives and Governance) SVP
Location: Clarence Center
Posted on: November 25, 2022
The Operational Risk Grp Manager is accountable for management
of complex/critical/large professional disciplinary areas. Leads
and directs a team of professionals. Requires a comprehensive
understanding of multiple areas within a function and how they
interact in order to achieve the objectives of the function.
Applies in-depth understanding of the business impact of technical
contributions. Strong commercial awareness is a necessity.
Generally accountable for delivery of a full range of services to
one or more businesses/ geographic regions. Excellent communication
skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior
level. Some external communication may be necessary. Accountable
for the end results of an area. Exercises control over resources,
policy formulation and planning. Primarily affects a sub-function.
Involved in short- to medium-term planning of actions and resources
for own area. Full management responsibility of a team or multiple
teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to
include performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary
actions and terminations and budget approval.
- Establishes and oversees the application of operational risk
policies, technology and tools, and governance processes to create
lasting solutions for minimizing losses from failed internal
processes, inadequate controls, and emerging risks.
- independently asses risks and drive actions to address the root
causes that persistently lead to operational risk losses by
challenging both historical and proposed practices.
- Governance and oversight may include (not limited to)
technology operational risk, cyber risk for example.
- Serves as an oversight function working with the In-Business OR
and Independent Risk Teams
- Drives - Operation Risk Anticipation, Mitigation and Loss
Recovery (and respective Recovery Plans)
- Ensures Operation Risk Policy implementation and exception
- Informs Operational Risk Council on Sub-Segment Level OR
- Attends In Business Risk Committees
- Leads- oversees the annual Key Risk Indicator (KRI)
- Monitors KRCIs triggers and thresholds and the analysis by the
- Liaises with Business ORM on breaches and action steps to
- Communicates and Escalates breaches in KRCIs at the Segment
- Works on T-10 (deep dive - root cause analysis) with support of
In-Business ORM and drive corrective actions
- Exports best practices and common risk, controls and corrective
actions through Framework Papers
- Ensures that Citi wide KORs and KRCIs are communicated and
understood by Businesses
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made,
demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation
and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving
compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to
Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal
behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing
and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as
effectively supervise the activity of others and create
accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 10+ years relevant experience
- Significant experience in Operational Risk is a must. Other
risk and control disciplines would be a plus - credit, and
- Experience in Internal Audit or Financial Control would be
- Expertise in the following would be beneficial: Fraud Awareness
and Risk Management Operations and Systems (Information Security
Standards, Vendor/Outsourcing Management and MCA Legal and
Regulatory Compliance Management of a global operations and a
complex environment that includes global teams.
- Excellent communication skills - verbal & written Education:
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred -
Job Family Group:
Risk Management -
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to
their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified
interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are
a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to
use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review
Accessibility at Citi .
View the " EEO is the Law " poster. View the EEO is the Law
View the EEO Policy Statement .
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful
applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto
Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of
employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to
commencement of employment.
Keywords: Citi, Buffalo , Operational Risk Group Manager (Third Party Initiatives and Governance) SVP, Executive , Clarence Center, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!