Posted on: November 25, 2022
Our team in *Buffalo* currently has an opening for a *Account
*YOUR ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES*
*Job Summary: *
This position is responsible for the Buffalo, NY territory with
includes Syracuse and Niagara Falls. Account Managers are
responsible for managing the overall sales efforts in their
assigned territory to maximize sales and profit. They must utilize
frequent face-to-face and/or telephone contact in a consultative
sales approach to ensure the satisfaction of customer needs. They
must identify selling opportunities and assertively act upon the
opportunities that offer maximum potential and/or gross profit -
both with existing customers through cross- and range-selling as
well as with new leads. They must uphold Brenntag's core values and
focus on customer excellence in all regards every day.
*Essential Responsibilities and Tasks: *
*Customer Business Development (70%)*
* Meet sales objectives and focus on customer retention as well as
improving overall customer satisfaction (also through digital
* Identify customer potentials, i.e., opportunities for cross- and
range-selling to existing customers and engage relevant
stakeholders (e.g., Brenntag Specialties sales staff).
* Set strategies and targets for growth of customers in assigned
territory (sales plan); align with Sales Manager.
* Frequently conduct customer visits and prepare the meetings using
all available tools and reports, coordinate, negotiate and close
* Manage spot business/ rush offers, get support from Commercial
Assistant when necessary.
* Liaise with relevant stakeholders to create in a timely manner
the best solution for the customer and extract maximum value (e.g.,
Sales Management/ Product Management for Pricing topics).
* Act as major point of contact to customers in assigned territory
in all commercial matters.
* Conduct market studies on potential new product opportunities by
contacting customers to gather interest and test market demand.
* Leverage Brenntag Connect to generate and maximize sales.
*New customer generation (10%)*
* Spot opportunities for launching sales projects in cooperation
with other departments like Product Management.
* Identify and prioritize prospective customers.
* Get in contact with prospects and involve relevant stakeholders
to nurture leads down the pipeline.
* Liaise with Brenntag Specialties sales staff on customers with
new Brenntag Essentials business opportunities.
*Sales & General Admin (15%)*
* Set and maximize prices considering value-based pricing and
customer segmentation within guidelines provided by Product
* Ensure appropriate data administration and documentation of all
business cases in the local CRM system (e.g., post processing of
visits, creation of customer projects).
* Update and maintain customer opportunity pipelines and potentials
in the CRM system
* Complete sales and revenue-related reporting.
* Drive commercial and functional excellence based on guidance/
input from Commercial Excellence Function.
* Provide regular forecasts of product demand from customers to
Product Management to optimize projected demand requirements.
*Know-How Management (5% to-be)*
* Maintain an up-to-date level of product knowledge, e.g., via
* Keep up to date with changes and updates in the product portfolio
and in the market.
* Keep up to date on feedstock and upstream developments that
impact product price movements.
*Additional Required Skills/Abilities: *
* Sound computer skills in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word,
PowerPoint and CRM systems
* Superior communication and negotiation skills
* Strong commercial understanding
* High self-management capabilities
* Customer-centric mindset, focusing on creating a positive
experience for the customer
* Basic level of strategic thinking (business development,
* Frequent travel required as per business needs
* Valid driver's license with clean driving record
*Physical Job Requirements for Essential Functions: *
* Sit up to 70% of the day
* Type up to 50% of the day
* Use computer programs up to 50% of the day
* Use the telephone up to 80% of the day
* Stand up to 50% of the day
* Walk up to 50% of the day
* Drive up to 50% of the day
* Lift/push/pull up to 30 lbs.
*Education and Experience: *
* Preferably Post-Secondary Education with a focus in Business,
Science or equivalent.
* Experience in the chemical distribution business, preferably in a
sales capacity (3 to 5 years previous experience in sales
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities
and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or
without notice.*OUR OFFER*
* We aim to create an environment where the best people want to
work, where they can turn their passion into their job and realize
their full potential.
* Individual development, on-the-job training, and development
programs designed to help our employees grow in their careers.
* Competitive pay and incentives.
* Various healthcare plan options as well as 401(k).
We look forward receiving your application.
Brenntag provides equal employment opportunities to qualified
applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability or any other status protected
by applicable federal, state or local law.
Brenntag North America, Inc. and its subsidiaries use E-verify, a
government-run, web-based system that allows employers to confirm
the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States.
For more information, please go to
https://www.e-verify.gov/employees or view the poster at
Job Type: Full-time%11735260%
Keywords: Brenntag, Buffalo , Account Manager, Executive , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!