Entry-Level Manager Trainee
Company: 84 Lumber Company
Location: Orchard Park
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Description/Job Summary We are currently requiring all new
associates to submit proof of full vaccination with one of the
three COVID-19 vaccines approved and/or authorized by the FDA, or
proof of having received the first vaccine dose with the second
dose scheduled, on or before their first day of employment, unless
the associate has been approved for an exemption.
Why 84 Lumber?
- 84 Lumber is a promote from within company. If you invest in
yourself, we will invest in you! Nearly 95% of our Managers, Area
Managers, Divisional Vice Presidents, and Upper Management started
their careers with 84 Lumber as Manager Trainees.
- Manager Trainees can get promoted within their first 7 to 12
months, based on performance and position availability. This first
promotion can lead to up to a 40% increase in annual pay. Manager
Trainees average promotion time to become a General Manager is
within three to four years, based on performance and position
- Your personal performance and position availability are the
primary factors to be promoted at 84 Lumber.
- 84 Lumber has an extensive training program that can take
individuals with zero industry knowledge and prepare them to be
General Managers within three to four years. We give you the tools
to be successful!Benefits provided to full-time associates:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Disability and Life Insurance
- 401(k) and Profit Sharing
- Paid Sick, Personal and Vacation time
- Holiday payJOB DESCRIPTION:
Summary/Objective:Associate is responsible for learning the total
operations of the location. This includes sales, creating material
estimates from blueprints, inventory control, building loads for
delivery, loading/unloading freight and maintaining physical
location plant. Associate must complete course of study as outlined
within assigned time frame.
- Freight handling
- Maintain and merchandise store inventory
- Payroll System
- Invoicing and POS System
- Inventory System
- Human Resources System
- Word Processing Software
- Spreadsheet and Internet Software
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common financial
- Learn to read Blueprints and create material list
- Respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions; interpret an extensive variety of technical
instructions in mathematical or diagram form and
- deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Supervisory Responsibility:This position does not have supervisory
Work Environment:This position can involve working outdoors or
being exposed to wet, humid, extremely hot or extremely cold
conditions. May require working in a highly precarious place and
near moving mechanical parts. There may be a risk of electrical
shock. The position may be exposed to vibrations, airborne
particles or toxic chemicals.
Physical Demands:This position involves frequently standing,
walking, use of hands, reaching, talking, listening and writing.
Periodically lifts up to 80 pounds, stoops, crouches. Rarely sits,
climb, balance and crawl.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:This is a full-time position.
Hours of work depends on hours of operations, willing to work 48+
hours per week.
Travel:Limited travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience:High school diploma or general
education degree (GED
Keywords: 84 Lumber Company, Buffalo , Entry-Level Manager Trainee, Executive , Orchard Park, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!