Assistant General Manager
Company: Specialty Restaurants Corporation
Posted on: August 7, 2022
The Assistant General Manager is responsible for serving as the
General Manager right hand supporting him/her by completing tasks
as directed. He/she is responsible for directing the flow of food
production through the dining room and for supervising all front of
the house staff.Job Duties:
- Oversees the Dining Room Area and the supervision of all Front
of the House service staff in accordance with operating
- Responsible for ensuing that proper food handling procedures
and presentation are being met by the staff.
- Responsible for completing Performance Reviews and making
recommendations for the promotion, hiring, and advancement of front
of the house personnel. Once completed he/she will then forward all
reviews and recommendations to the General Manager for final
- Responsible for the training, supervising, and termination of
all front of the house personnel in conjunction with the General
- Observance of all SRC Polices and Procedures.
- Handle customer complaints.
- Establish standards of performance for the dining room
- Execute the general responsibilities necessary to minimize
- Maintain a system of cost controls through purchasing and
- Responsible for maintaining bar and dining room costs.
- Responsible for estimating food and beverage cost and
- Responsible for reviewing financial transactions and monitoring
the budget to ensure that expenditures stay within budget
- Responsible for scheduling Restaurant Staff in the Labor
Scheduler on a weekly basis.
- Responsible for forecasting labor cost for the Restaurant
department and presenting those figures to the General Manager for
approval on a weekly basis.
- Must wear approved manufacturer certified slip resistant or
non-slip shoes at all times while working
- Participate in and pass alcohol awareness and safety training
- Strong knowledge of Food & Beverage service procedures and
- Strong background in hospitality preferred
- College Degree or 3 years industry-related experience
- Must be able to create and maintain a team atmosphere with in
the department and ensure that employees are appropriately trained
and have an adequate work load.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication
- Strong PC skills with a working knowledge of including but not
limited to MS Excel, MS Word, MS Office, and Outlook.
- Must be able to clearly and effectively communicate in
- Schedule may fluctuate based on departmental requirements.
- Local travel required when considered necessary
- Physical demands include light work, prolonged walking and/or
standing along with the occasional exertion of up to 25lbs of
Disclaimer: The above job description is meant to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed; and is not
intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.We
are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recognize that people are our
finest asset. It is our policy to provide equal employment
opportunities to all individuals, regardless of race, creed, color,
religion or belief, national origin, sex, ancestry, age, marital
status, veteran status, disability, medical condition, gender
identity or sexual orientation or any other classification
protected by law.Specialty Restaurants Corporation maintains a drug
free workplace. The Company will consider for employment qualified
applications with criminal histories in a manner that is consistent
with local, state, and federal law. All job offers are contingent
upon successfully passing of a background check.ExperienceRequired
- 3 year(s): Restaurant managementEducationPreferred
- Bachelors or betterSkillsRequired
- Restaurant Management
- Team Player
- Detail Oriented
- Customer Service
- Conflict Resolution
- Communication SkillsBehaviorsRequired
- Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
- Thought Provoking: Capable of making others think deeply on a
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all
details necessary to get the task done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or
Keywords: Specialty Restaurants Corporation, Buffalo , Assistant General Manager, Executive , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!