Finance Manager I - Accounting Policy (Buffalo, NY or Remote)
Company: M&T Bank
Posted on: May 17, 2022
Overview:As a manager in the Accounting Policy group, you will
serve in a visible role as part of the Controller's Team overseeing
Corporate and Business Line Accounting in areas such as Mortgage
Banking and Loan Accounting, Human Resources, CRA related
Investments as well as bank acquisition work as it arises. As part
of the Controller's Department, you will participate in the
financial reporting activities of a multi-entity, publicly traded
company and will supervise and assist in both monthly and quarterly
accounting and reporting tasks. The role will also include training
of less experienced staff, reviewing the work of staff members and
participating in staff evaluation and development.Primary
- Supervise and lead bank-wide projects/programs and/or direct
reports in all work activities. Possess ability to
direct/persuade/influence peers and manager.
- Lead problem resolution and data interpretation efforts,
perform or review variance analysis, and ensure timely submission
of reports. Participate in the development and implementation of
Finance department goals.
- Manage preparation/analysis/review of financial schedules,
reconciliations and reports for the Corporation, which could
include bank regulatory reports, SEC reporting, reports to
shareholders and the Board of Directors, as well as internal
management reports. Strong knowledge of various tax regulations as
- Requires complex judgment based on advanced analytical
- Other functions include data integrity testing, general ledger
entries, adherence to generally accepted accounting principles, SEC
disclosure requirements, and bank regulatory requirements. Lead
special projects, improve existing processes, interact with
business line personal and communicate those results to senior
- Exercise usual authority of a manager concerning staffing,
performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations,
performance management and terminations.
- Understand and adhere to the Company's risk and regulatory
standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company's
Risk Appetite. Design, implement, maintain and enhance internal
controls to mitigate risk on an ongoing basis. Identify
risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the
M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely
implementation of internal and external audit points together with
any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.Supervisory/
Managerial Responsibilities:May have direct and/or indirect
reportsEducation and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 5 years' experience OR
Associate's degree and a minimum of 7 years' experience in
accounting, auditing, operations or financial institutions
- Minimum 1 year of leadership experience required
- Comprehensive understanding of concepts and principles in
multiple disciplines including finance, accounting and/or
regulatory reporting, business operations, bank products and
knowledge of banking industry
- High level of PC competencies (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access.
Data visualization or data querying applications are a plus.)
- Detail oriented, with advanced problem-solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi task while prioritizing
workloadEducation and Experience Preferred:
- Advanced degree or professional certification (i.e. CPA, CFA,
etc.)LocationBuffalo, New York, United States of America
Keywords: M&T Bank, Buffalo , Finance Manager I - Accounting Policy (Buffalo, NY or Remote), Executive , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!