Community Relations Manager
Company: PERSON CENTERED SERVICES
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Description:Position SummaryThe Community Relations Manager has
primary responsibility for the development of key stakeholder
relationships between Person Centered Services and individuals &
families, via regional advocacy groups, associations, committees,
school districts & legislative entities.The position also promotes
Care Coordination services offered by Person Centered Services by
identifying membership growth opportunities in the East or West
Region. The Manager will be able to educate individuals, families,
advocates and organizations on Care Coordination services. This
position will build and establish relationships within community
groups such as schools, hospitals, clinics, providers and other
community-based organizations that serve individuals with
intellectual and/or development disabilities in order to generate
new enrollment opportunities and raise brand awareness.Why Work for
Person Centered Services?When you join the Person Centered Services
team, you can make a difference in the lives of people with
intellectual and developmental disabilities, while also reaching
your own career goals:
- $1,000 HIRING BONUS!
- 20 Days of paid time off (PTO) in your first year! Increasing
to 25 Days in your second year!
- Comprehensive health insurance plans for you to choose what
best fits your needs (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- 401(k) - the Company matches 50% of the first 6% up to a
maximum of 3%
- Company paid benefits: basic life insurance and long-term
- Employee Discount and Wellness Programs
- Professional development opportunities including mentorship
program options and ongoing coachingPosition Responsibilities
- Establishes relationships with relevant organizations in the
service area and maintains regular communication with them,
providing support when necessary.
- Develops, coordinates, and implements outreach strategies to
key stakeholders. Routinely attends and presents at stakeholder
- Acts as liaison between Individuals, Families and Advocacy
groups for Person Centered Services.
- Maintains regular contact with the Care Coordination Department
and Senior Leadership Team to determine program outreach needs and
adjusts strategies accordingly.
- Maintains relationships between the Company and the
developmentally disabled community.
- Understands the needs of individuals and families, providing
educational programming, and promoting activities that support
Person Centered Services membership throughout the geographic scope
- Distributes written materials, speaking to community groups,
and visiting local area schools, clinics, hospitals, providers and
other organizations in their designated territory.
- Travels throughout the service area to educate the community
and meet with people interested in receiving or referring services
- Assists with social media efforts for Person Centered Services
in conjunction with the Marketing Team.
- Answers Care Coordination product and/or service questions to
identify the value of Care Coordination services.
- Completes all necessary paperwork, documentation, and follow-up
as required (i.e. lead reports, outreach logs, scheduling and other
- Establishes and maintains key relationships within designated
territory to generate potential enrollment opportunities.
- Commits to a respectful, just, and supportive environment for
individuals and coworkers aligning with the company's commitment to
diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned..
Requirements: Position Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree, required
- 2 or more years of experience in enrollment, community outreach
or similar role, required.
- Knowledge of OPWDD funded services and supports,
required.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Familiarity with I/DD provider agencies, OPWDD, or Health Homes
- Detail-oriented and capable of professional, empathetic
communication with key internal and external contacts.
- Strong presentation and writing skills
- Ability to keep sensitive and privileged information
- Demonstrates cultural competence
- Demonstrates ethical and professional responsibilities and
- Proactively approaches and prioritizes professional
- Ability and willingness to work in a fast-paced environmentWe
are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: PERSON CENTERED SERVICES, Buffalo , Community Relations Manager, Executive , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!