Financial Analyst III - Wealth Management
Company: M&T Bank
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Overview:Business Line Finance acts as a strategic partner that
provides objective, independent facts to business leaders,
collaborating with and empowering them to drive results. As a
Financial Analyst III, you will conduct research and financial
analysis activities that support the Wealth Management division. -
You will also provide financial updates & reporting to senior
management for their use in setting and realizing strategic
objectives. - Primary Responsibilities:
- Mentors junior team members
- Conduct independent research and analytical projects involving
financial modeling/forecasting to provide senior management with
definitive financial trend data and advice for their use in setting
and realizing strategic objectives. Assist with the design of
projects and may lead projects of moderate scope.
- Ensure success through shared responsibility of team workload
to achieve department/project objectives (volume, quality,
timeliness of end results)
- Perform detailed, interpretative financial analysis utilizing
complex financial tools to demonstrate scenarios/activities. -
Build and maintain forecasting models/tools; work in collaboration
with business groups to provide insightful analysis. Play a role in
cross functional efforts, teams, leveraging resources and
relationships across the Bank to further team of project
- Create & maintain documentation of assigned
- Evaluates situations using multiple sources of information and
suggests insightful conclusions.
- Display advanced proficiency in the systems/tools used to
generate standard financial reports on a periodic basis.
- Demonstrate an advanced knowledge of finance and accounting
concepts through the aggregation of financial data.
- Display an advanced understanding of M&T's (or applicable
Business Unit within) financial statements; including awareness of
key drivers/trends in major Balance Sheet and Income Statement line
- Participate in training and development opportunities across
Finance and the Bank.
- Understand, adhere, and contribute to improvement / timeliness
of deliverables and process efficiency.
- Understand and adhere to the Company's risk and regulatory
standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company's
Risk Appetite. - Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the
M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely
implementation of internal and external audit points together with
any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned. Education and
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 3 years' experience OR
Associate's degree and a minimum of 5 years' experience in
accounting auditing, operations or financial institutions
- Comprehensive understanding of finance and accounting concepts
+ knowledge of banking industry
- Strong technical aptitude and advanced financial modeling
skills Education and Experience Preferred:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
- Financial Services Industry experience - - - - - - - -
- Experience working on a team within FP&ALocationBuffalo,
New York, United States of America
Keywords: M&T Bank, Buffalo , Financial Analyst III - Wealth Management, Executive , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!