Manager, Merchant Strategy & Operations - Caviar
Posted on: April 10, 2021
We're looking for a Merchant Strategy & Operations Manager to
scale our merchant acquisition & retention strategy for Caviar.
About The Team
DoorDash is investing in Caviar, the premium marketplace for top
local restaurants. As a Manager of Merchant Strategy & Operations,
you'll be responsible for curating best-in-class restaurant
selection, launching new products and services to help merchant
partners grow, and owning new growth initiatives that will help to
expand and improve the Caviar marketplace. As a part of the broader
Caviar Strategy & Operations team, you will play a key part in
implementing the next phase of growth for Caviar.
About The Role
As a Manager on the Merchant Strategy & Operations team, you'll
drive the end-to-end process to identify, target, and acquire
Premium merchants across all of our markets. This role will sit at
the intersection of product, analytics, and sales & marketing teams
to build and launch our playbook to acquire the best restaurants.
This includes determining the product strategy and roadmap,
improving process design, and designing strategic initiatives to
enhance sales team productivity.
You're Excited About This Opportunity Because You Will---
- Strategize - Build the strategy for Premium selection health,
including which top merchants we need and how to get them
- Implement - Drive go to market planning & execution for new
Selection initiatives to help build our Premium merchant base
- Analyze - Build models to define selection success, new product
KPIs, and support our cross-functional teams
- Experiment - Use data-driven decision making to run tests on
everything from new merchant initiatives to existing
- Influence - Work cross-functionally across the company to land
key initiatives, building relationships with internal stakeholders
and restaurant partners
Our best Strategy & Operations Managers are motivated, analytical,
data-driven problem solvers. They have exceptional interpersonal,
communications and relationship-building skills. They're general
managers who are willing to roll up their sleeves and do whatever
it takes to make the business successful.
We're Excited About You Because---
- You have 4+ years of experience in strategy and operations or
consulting; direct management experience, high-growth startup
experience is preferred
- You have a proven track record of leading cross-functional
initiatives, hitting goals, and succeeding in a complex and fast
- You have excellent analytical thinker who can deliver
actionable recommendations out of complex datasets; SQL is a
- You have expert communication and interpersonal skills
- You're entrepreneurial - You have a bias towards action, an
ownership mentality and are able to thrive in a fast-paced,
constantly changing work environment
- You're naturally curious - You always look for ways to innovate
and improve and want to shape the vision and direction of the
- You're gritty - You roll up your sleeves and do whatever it
takes to make things successful
- You're a relationship-builder - You can influence and motivate
people at all levels across a variety of job functions
- You're a problem solver - You can independently translate
high-level goals into actionable plans
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management
team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is
to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our
industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We're not afraid to dig in and uncover the
truth, even if it's scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is
continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role
for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower
local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and
dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people,
together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their
favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all
50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013,
DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering
on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store
efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By
building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities,
DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time.
Read more on the DoorDash blog or at .
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive
community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we
hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all
backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true
innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the
tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Keywords: DoorDash, Buffalo , Manager, Merchant Strategy & Operations - Caviar, Executive , Akron, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!