Director of Development
Company: Boy Scouts of America
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Under the leadership of the Greater Niagara Frontier Council
CEO/Scout Executive, the Director of Development will be
responsible for all aspects of the Council's donor solicitation
program including annual and major gifts, foundations and grants,
special events, and gift planning. Additionally, the Director will
be responsible for implementing comprehensive stewardship
strategies of donors at all levels. This position is an exciting
and challenging opportunity for a highly motivated, energetic
fundraising professional who is eager to participate in the
evolution of the fundraising programs at the Greater Niagara
Frontier Council. Responsibilities
- Works closely with the CEO/Scout Executive to pursue a
coordinated and strategic program of cultivation, solicitation and
stewardship of annual and major gift prospects and donors.
- Implement a comprehensive annual giving strategy that includes:
personal solicitation, direct mail and fundraising events
management. This will include individuals in early stage
cultivation and/or with whom the council has little to no
- Executes approximately 125 donor meetings per year. Donor must
be able to travel to donor meetings.
- Recruit, train, inspire and staff volunteer committees of the
- Documents contacts and strategies through the prospect tracking
module of the Blackbaud CRM, the in-house database for gift
recording/reporting and all donor/prospect information.
- Adheres to the policies and procedures for accepting, recording
and acknowledging gifts.
- Participates as a full member of the council team, attending
full staff meetings, professional development activities, and other
staff meetings as appropriate.
- Supports strategic operating plans for the council as directed
by the CEO/Scout Executive; establishes coordinated goals and
implements programs to meet goals, and development policies and
- Provides staff support to the Executive Board for all
- Participates in council events to cultivate relationships with
donors, prospects, key volunteers, and all internal partners.
- Pursues professional growth activities with the approval and
support of the CEO/Scout Executive. Qualifications Minimum
- A minimum of five years of fundraising or comparable
revenue-generation experience, including personal solicitation and
proven success in goal achievement;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; negotiation
skills; and the ability to deal with complex concepts and
- Demonstrated commitment to collaboration. The ability to work
well both independently and collectively with other team members
and in managing multiple projects and priorities;
- Technical/digital competence, including data analytics and
- Excellent and mature judgment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to listen
and interact effectively with donors and high-level
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time, including local and
regional visits, and work evenings and occasional weekends.
- Must be willing to accept and meet the Boy Scout of America's
leadership and membership standards and subscribe to the Scout Oath
and Law. A Scouting background is helpful but not required.
- Offers for employment are subject to criminal, reference, and
motor vehicle background checks. Preferred Qualifications:
- Certified fund-raising executive;
- Demonstrated experience in engaging volunteers in the
development of meaningful and productive relationships with
prospects and donors. The Greater Niagara Frontier Council is an
equal opportunity employer. In addition to offering a competitive
salary between $70,000 and $80,000, the position offers benefits to
include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision,
life-insurance, long-term disability, accidental death, a defined
benefit retirement plan, plus compensation for authorized and
approved business-related expenses including mileage reimbursement.
We also offer a generous vacation policy and ten holiday
Keywords: Boy Scouts of America, Buffalo , Director of Development, Executive , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!