Sr. Manager, Continuous Improvement
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Location: Grand Island
Posted on: February 22, 2021
COVID-19 Update: To keep our candidates, colleagues and other
visitors--safe, we're making changes to our interview and hiring
process. Learn more Job Title:Sr. Manager, Continuous
Requisition ID: 143276BR
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a
smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and
discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment
in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and
opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
The Sr. Manager Continuous Improvement is responsible for the
implementation of Thermo Fisher Scientific's Continuous Improvement
Business System (PPI). In this role, you will work closely with
business leadership and steering committees to establish and mature
the Lean Management System (tiered daily management systems, Gemba
walks, and leader standard work) and other coaching tools to
facilitate the cultural transformation.
This position will be site based in Carlsbad, CA, Grand Island, NY
or Logan, Utah and will have a travel expectation of 15%.
How will you make an impact?
- Lead/work with functional teams to streamline processes to
improve the customer experience, enable profitable growth and
become more efficient.
- Diplomatically cultivate an action-biased culture of continuous
improvement to improve KPIs, in the areas of customer, finance,
people and quality.
- Provide support to develop lean expertise and capability within
the organization at all levels.
- Improve the decision-making model and problem-solving
capabilities within high performance teams to increase autonomy and
the pace of change.
- Provide ongoing Lean support to multiple teams.
- Work with the expanded team to develop/promote/standardize the
Business System further.
What will you do?
- Passion for driving improvement and leading change in a
complex, global environment
- Broad knowledge of multi-functional, multi-site, global
organizational processes and financial business methods.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to connect with and
positively influence leadership and all levels of the
- Able to drive strategic thinking and continuous improvement in
both non-operational and operational areas, including connecting
the cross-functional resources to remove waste along the extended
- A holistic thinker who can look enterprise-wide to integrate
and streamline systems for optimal benefit.
- Great communicator, including solid written, oral and
- High ethical standards to support a professional business code
How will you get here?
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, science, operations or
business, with evidence of operational, leadership, or professional
- 5-8 years' experience leading continuous project/ process
- A Lean Six Sigma expert with extensive experience and a
'hands-on' track record of implementing successful TPS-based
business systems including elements such as:
- Lean Leadership (Daily Management, Leader Standard Work, and
- Strategy Deployment and Value-stream mapping
- Kaizen events on standard work, cell design, process and
product 3P, Value-Analysis/Value Engineering, error-proofing,
material flow, Heijunka, and Kanban.
- Expertise in problem-solving utilizing a formal
- Use of SPC and Variation Reduction tools
- Proven track record of identifying and delivering
year-over-year results using metric-driven problem solving.
- Proven track record for developing, training, and coaching
- Self-directed leader with a proven ability to manage/influence
across and up into the organization without direct reporting
- Plant Management experience is a big plus.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Lean Six Sigma Certification
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary
minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our
singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world
healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and
does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected
veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To access this job later or share with a friend, please enter Name
and Email Address below. Your Name Get notified for similar jobs
Sign up and receive similar job alerts to your email Enter Email
address Get customized job recommendations based on your career
area of interest. How would you rate your experience popup Thermo
Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with
annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our
customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether
our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving
complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and
therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are
here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000
colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative
technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services
through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific,
Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab
Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit
www.thermofisher.com . Thermo Fisher Scientific is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, creed,
religion, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic
information, veteran status, age or disability status.
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Buffalo , Sr. Manager, Continuous Improvement, Executive , Grand Island, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!