Health, Safety, & Security Manager - Buffalo, NY
Company: General Mills
Posted on: March 26, 2020
General Mills is reshaping the future of food. We believe food
makes us better. It nourishes our bodies, brings us joy and
connects us to each other. As one of the world's leading food
companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and
markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Nature
Valley, Betty Crocker, Yoplait, Annie's Homegrown, Old El Paso,
Epic Provisions, Blue Buffalo and more. Are you passionate about
the future of food? You've come to the right table. We want the
very best talent to help lead something big.
As a member of plant leadership team, expected to support,
influence and lead various plant wide efforts and initiatives. Acts
as a Safety practitioner and coach to the site, providing support
and technical assistance in the administration of and compliance
with federal, state, local, and company HSE requirements. Implement
standards and procedures that protect human safety and the
environment. This position could require travel of approximately
Buffalo is a multi-platform union facility with approximately 400
employees leading the safe, high quality production of a wide range
of products ranging from cereal to flour.
* Plant Leadership team member, supports plant-wide initiatives and
* Serves as the Site HSE Pillar Owner; primary point of contact and
resource for health, safety & environmental issues at the
* Represents the Site during Regional HSE Pillar functions.
* Ensures the impact of regulatory changes on the businesses are
* Ensures completion and submittal of all required Environmental
reports for the facility.
* Leads compliance assurance efforts by facilitating frequent HSE
self-assessments and tracks corrective action plans to
* Provides leadership, direction, and prioritization for site HSE
objectives as part of the master planning process.
* Mentors, develops, and builds capability in Site HSE Process
* Monitors facility performance against HSE goals and objectives
and communicates results to Central Safety Committee. Supports CSC
efforts and serves as back-up to Plant Manager.
* Reports company-required HSE metrics at required frequencies in
* Actively participates in change management such as relocation,
modification, and decommissioning of any affected facility,
equipment or process.
* Ensures site HSE risk analyses are performed and communicated to
Facility Manager, Central Safety Committee, and Regional HSE
* Collaborates with other Pillars/business functions and
participates in special projects as assigned.
* Provides support to the site to address regulatory inspections
* Provides assistance in the investigation of significant incidents
(fire, chemical releases, fatalities, severe or multiple injuries,
etc.) and follow-up on corrective actions ensuring information is
shared throughout the Company to prevent re-occurrence.
* Five (5) years of site-level HSE leadership or manufacturing
operations experience and program management experience.
* Bachelor's degree
* Leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
* Strong interpersonal, coaching, and project management
* Strong written and oral communication skills;
* Proficient in key computer software applications.
* Working knowledge of local HSE regulations.
* Experience in food and beverage manufacturing or related
* TWIC card holder
General Mills is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Women,
minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are
encouraged to apply to any General Mills employment
Keywords: General Mills, Buffalo , Health, Safety, & Security Manager - Buffalo, NY, Executive , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!