Posted on: January 17, 2020
The Product Manager is responsible for coordinating the daily
functions related to the operation of one or more Campus Labs
products. The Product Manager will help execute product-specific
goals that are aligned with the broader Campus Labs product
solution offerings. Additionally, the Product Manager will
collaborate with other units within the organization to ensure that
company strategies and operations are carried out efficiently and
- Engage frequently with a variety of stakeholders-including
clients and internal staff members-to identify and document
feedback and capabilities that clients would value or benefit from
having addressed by Campus Labs product offerings.
- Seek input from internal staff across the entire company to aid
in the analysis of the risks, costs, and opportunities associated
with product development decisions as needed.
- Work with software development managers to create, maintain,
and prioritize items on product roadmaps and in associated backlogs
on a daily basis.
- Convene the appropriate parities from within the company to
plan software releases on a consistent basis; including aspects
related to documentation, internal training, external marketing,
and release timing.
- Provide detailed product knowledge and background research, as
needed, to support the efforts of staff responsible for technical
support, implementation, consultation, marketing, and sales in
order to ensure that processes run smoothly, effectively, and in
ways that meet client needs.
- Ensure the timely support and resolution of any client issues
or challenges by convening the appropriate representatives from
software development, technical services, and client support as
- Interface on a regular basis with other members of the product
management team to ensure the ongoing integration of product
features and organization processes that represent a holistic
approach to connecting the Campus Labs toolset.
- Performs other duties as assigned and as needed.
- Bachelor's degree required. A Master's Degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in product
management. Experience in a position within a product-oriented
organization and with revenue and customer relationship management
responsibilities will be considered in lieu of direct product
- A reasonable understanding of the complexities of higher
education is preferred.
- Experience managing or working closely with one or more
software development teams (preferably using agile processes) is
- Ability to learn a market, its primary activities, and the
supporting processes that drive value.
- Ability to stay abreast of higher education and industry
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of
internal and external stakeholders at all levels of their
- Ability to summarize and present complex ideas to varied
audiences including constituents of both technical and
- Ability to organize priorities to ensure the achievement of
goals and objectives.
- A proven commitment to obtain new knowledge and expertise
through continuing education and ongoing quest for new challenges
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to take initiative and maintain
- Customer service oriented.
- Enthusiastic, proactive, and able to champion change and
- Ability to take risks, seek new insights, and keep an open
- Ability to navigate unforeseen obstacles and to change tactics
quickly when necessary.
- Ability to bring individual strengths to the role, while also
working effectively with others in a group setting.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the year.
A commitment to Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action
We are committed to creating and maintaining a workplace in which
all of our employees have an opportunity to participate in and
contribute to the success of the business.We are dedicated to
providing every Campus Labs employee with the best possible
employment experience regardless of their race, national origin,
sex, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, familial status,
religion, age, disability, gender identity, gender expression,
results of genetic testing/genetic information, service in the
military, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal,
state, or local laws.Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to
apply.We highly value the many identities, perspectives, and
experiences of all of our employees.
Keywords: iModules, Buffalo , Product Manager, Executive , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!