Senior Project Engineer
Company: Adecco USA
Posted on: May 28, 2023
TITLESenior Project Engineer -ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: Buffalo,
N.Y. is a leading, award-winning contract manufacturer of
single-use medical devices, serving the global marketplace for more
than 40 years. With manufacturing locations in the U.S., Ireland
and Mexico, the privately held company provides innovative
technical solutions and manufacturing services for leading Fortune
500 med-tech companies and high potential start-ups. Our mission is
to change the lives of patients, employees and the communities in
which we work. -EOE STATEMENT: We are an equal employment
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
-SALARY RANGE: $75-120K -DESCRIPTIONJob SummaryPlans, designs, and
develops production and manufacturing processes of single use
medical devices according to customer specifications and in
accordance with company standard operating procedures by performing
the following job duties.Job Duties
- Leads Customer Projects and works directly with the Customer on
schedule, qualifications, and all aspects of the project from start
through validation to commercial sales.
- Coordinates development and startup activities with internal
departments and customers. Creates, manages, and maintains project
schedules to meet internal and customer deadlines.
- Reviews customer specifications and needs. Translates this data
into product engineering specifications.
- Identifies materials, conceptualizes processes, designs
tooling, and determines labor content to successfully meet
customer's expectations on volume, cost, and quality.
- Prepares prints, bills of material, process documentation, and
other engineering documents.
- Designs, develops, qualifies, and validates manufacturing
tooling, automation, equipment, and processes in accordance with
company standard operating procedures.
- Maintains engineering documents to reflect changes in customer,
vendor, or internal specifications.
- Remains alert to new technologies (including process,
materials, and equipment) which can improve cost margins,
manufacturability, safety, throughput, and yields.
- Assists sales department in estimating materials, labor, and
tooling for preparation of quotations.
- Mentors new Product Engineers.
- Other duties as assigned.Impact
- Ensure cost expectation levels are met and maintained
- Recommend, design, develop manufacturing process/procedure
- Analyze potential areas for savings or efficiencies using 6
Sigma and lean manufacturing methods.Why work -here?We provide -our
employees with more than just a great place to work. Our
comprehensive benefits package, employee wellness program, and a
suite of perks help our people to get the most out of their
workplace experience.We offer -the following perks and benefits to
- Paid holidays and vacations
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Quarterly bonuses
- Subsidized cafeteria costs
- Peer recognition initiatives
- Summer scholarships for children and grandchildren of
- On-site gym
- Employee of the Month program
- Onsite social worker to assist with important life events
- Daily free fruit and on-site cafeteriaPOSITION
- Following all rules, regulations and procedures set forth in
the safety manual.
- Promoting safety awareness throughout the workplace.
- Alerting supervisors to any safety hazards they discover.
- Wearing appropriate, proper protective equipment whenever
- Using guards on tools and machinery whenever required.
- Following proper lifting techniques using legs and not the
- Operating any vehicles, equipment, tools, or machines only if
authorized to do so.
- Reporting any injury or loss immediately to the supervisor/team
- Promoting a positive attitude about safety and never performing
any unsafe practice that could place the employee or others in
- Providing information to his/her immediate supervisor if a
better and safer procedure can be implemented in performing any
- Assure when designing or modifying equipment/workstations that
ergonomics and safety are reviewed and work to minimize hazards
through engineering controls, administrative controls, and lastly
personal protective equipment.
- Assure Job Hazard and Equipment Hazard Analysis are completed
timely as required per MNG.008.Independent Judgment
- Decide which projects are priority relative to company
- Determine best in class frameworks, systems, and
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
- Ability to advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents,
logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as
frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and
validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling
theory, and factor analysis.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical
instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with abstract
and concrete variables.Communication
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the
- Communication Skills
- Computer skills required, including Microsoft Office
Applications, Lotus Notes, Graphic applications, E-mail, and other
related task specific software.
- Lean Manufacturing / 6 Sigma / Black belt
- Demonstrates Harmac's core values of honesty, integrity, and
- Understands regulated type industries - FDA, FAA, ISO
- Knowledge of medical device manufacturer and supplies knowledge
- World-class manufacturing knowledge preferredPhysical
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger,
handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and ability to adjust focus.Education
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Plastics, Biomechanics,
- Or equivalent combination of education and
- 5-12 -years related experience after graduation and/or
- Lean Manufacturing / 6 Sigma / Black belt
- Working in a regulated environment, such as FDA or FAA
- Production Line lay-outEqual Opportunity
Employer/Veterans/DisabledTo read our Candidate Privacy Information
Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please
navigate to https://www.adeccousa.com/candidate-privacyThe Company
will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction
Keywords: Adecco USA, Buffalo , Senior Project Engineer, Engineering , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...