Diesel Mechanic - Buffalo Public Schools
Company: First Student
Posted on: January 27, 2023
First Student is now hiring a Diesel Mechanic for our shop
serving Buffalo Public Schools! $29.15/HR Starting Wage and $3,000
Sign-On Bonus*! First things First: Who are we? Twice the size of
our next largest competitor, First Student is the leading school
transportation solutions provider in North America. Every day, we
complete 5 million student journeys, moving more passengers than
all U.S. airlines combined. With a team of highly trained drivers
and the industry's strongest safety record, First Student delivers
reliable, quality services to 1,100 school districts. Why join
First as a Diesel Mechanic?
- The wage is set at $29.15 per union contract
- $3,000 sign-on bonus*!
- An additional $.10 per hour for each ASE certification you
possess or obtain
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Monday-Friday full-time shift schedule and consistent,
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, & 401(k)
- Paid holidays & vacation
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety
- State-of-the-art training programs
- Discounts on cell phone plans, cars, and more through the Perk
Spot program! About the Diesel Mechanic Position As a Diesel
Mechanic with First Student, you will help maintain and repair
service vehicles and school buses to ensure vehicle readiness &
safety. Other major job duties include:
- Assist with preventive maintenance (PMs), safety inspections,
and annual DOT maintenance inspections.
- Diagnose and perform all phases of vehicle and equipment
repair, including brakes, suspensions, drivetrains, &
- Ensure work orders are completed accurately.
- Assist with mobile emergency services. Diesel Technician
- Valid driver's license required; Willingness to obtain CDL
while employed – We train!
- At least 1 year of automotive or diesel maintenance & repair
experience or technical school education
- Possess a mechanic's tool set
- Willingness to participate in the ASE certification program.
Training, testing, and bonuses are provided!
- Subject to DOT drug testing. DOT Regulation 49 CFR Part 40 does
not authorize the use of Schedule I drugs, including marijuana, for
any reason. Get your career on the road with First Student!
*Conditions apply. Offer expires 2/28/2023 We aspire to have a
culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain
a diverse workforce; therefore, all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to
providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to
positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco
Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First
is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain
and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for
Keywords: First Student, Buffalo , Diesel Mechanic - Buffalo Public Schools, Engineering , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!