Diesel Mechanic - University of Buffalo
Company: First Transit
Posted on: January 25, 2023
First Transit is looking to hire a Diesel Mechanic to serve our
-University of Buffalo shop! -
Are you looking for job security and stability with competitive
wages and benefits? - First Transit is looking for a Fleet
Technician to join its team and you could be the right person! With
over 335 locations and in business since 1955, First Transit is
truly the First in passenger transportation. - Please see our
website for a comprehensive review of our company:
Our technicians enjoy a state-of-the-art paperless workflow program
that requires very little paperwork to be filled out. We utilize a
cutting-edge electronic work order program that makes filling out
work orders much easier and less time-consuming.
First Transit is proud to offer:
- $27.25 to $30 / hour based on experience & qualifications (NOT
- ASE certification bonus of up to -$9,000 per year
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Consistent full-time, year-round work - Monday - Friday 5:00 am
- 1:00 pm
- An excellent benefits package including medical, vision, and
dental coverage, and a 401(k) savings plan
- Annual boot allowance and Safety glass allowance
- Paid holidays, vacation, & sick time
- Ongoing company training on a state-of-the-art online
- Opportunities for career advancement nationwide.
- A great work environment!
Diesel Mechanic Major Responsibilities:
- Perform vehicle maintenance and repairs to ensure vehicles are
safe for our customers.
- Diagnose and perform accurately all phases of vehicle and
equipment repair including the repair of brakes, engine tune-ups,
suspensions, drive trains, transmission clutches, and other
- Ensure work orders are completed properly and accurately.
Maintain records of all maintenance work completed including parts
and supplies used.
- Complete preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections,
and annual maintenance inspections.
Diesel Mechanic Qualifications:
- A valid driver's license is required. -
- 1+ years of automotive or diesel repair employment experience
or a combination of education & experience.
- Must have appropriate mechanic's tool set.
- ASE certifications are preferred. Must participate in company
ASE certification program (company training, testing, and bonuses
- Subject to DOT drug testing. DOT Regulation 49 CFR Part 40 does
not authorize the use of Schedule I drugs, including marijuana, for
About First Transit
First Transit Inc. is a leading provider of public transportation
contracting and management services. For over 60 years, we have
supplied precision, efficiency, innovation, and all-around
expertise to both public and private transportation systems. Today,
we operate in 335 locations, carrying more than 350 million
passengers annually throughout the United States in 39 states,
Puerto Rico and Canada.
Apply today and get your career on the road with First Transit!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive
to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, -disability -or veteran status. First is also
committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates
applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California,
First will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so
we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports
future growth for all. - -
Keywords: First Transit, Buffalo , Diesel Mechanic - University of Buffalo, Engineering , Getzville, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!