Diesel Mechanic serving the Fredonia School District- First Group
Company: First Group
Posted on: September 25, 2022
First Student is now hiring a Diesel Mechanic for our shop
serving Fredonia School District and Dunkirk School
Districts.!$1,500 sign-on Bonus*! First things First: Who are we?
Twice the size of our next largest competitor, First Student is the
leading school transportation solutions provider in North America.
Every day, we complete 5 million student journeys, moving more
passengers than all U.S. airlines combined. With a team of highly
trained drivers and the industry s strongest safety record, First
Student delivers reliable, quality services to 1,100 school
districts. Why join First as a Diesel Mechanic?
- $24 hourly non-flat-rate wages are based on experience &
- $1,500 sign-on bonus*!
- An additional $.10 per hour for each ASE certification you
possess or obtain
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Monday - Friday with a 7:00 am - 3:30 pm shift possible but
could vary. Full-time shift schedule and consistent, year-round
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, & 401(k)
- Paid holidays & vacation
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety
- State-of-the-art training programs
- Discounts on cell phone plans, cars, and more through the Perk
Spot program!About the Diesel Mechanic PositionAs a Diesel Mechanic
with First Student, you will help maintain and repair
diesel-powered school buses to ensure vehicle readiness & safety.
Other major job duties include:
- Assist with preventive maintenance (PMs), safety inspections,
and annual DOT maintenance inspections.
- Diagnose and perform all phases of vehicle and equipment
repair, including brakes, suspensions, drivetrains, &
- Ensure work orders are completed accurately.
- Assist with mobile emergency services.Diesel Mechanic
- Must be able to obtain a CDL B with passenger and airbrake
endorsements within 6 (six) months of hire. We Train!
- At least 1 year of automotive or diesel maintenance & repair
experience or technical school education
- Possess a mechanic s tool set
- Willingness to participate in the ASE certification program.
Training, testing, and bonuses are provided!
- Subject to a drug test.Get your career on the road with First
Student! *conditions apply; bonus offer ends 10/31/22 We aspire to
have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and
retain a diverse workforce; therefore all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to
providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to
positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco
Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First
is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain
and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for
all. Associated topics: assembly, automotive, brakes, cae, bsme,
mechanical engineer, powertrain, rotordynamic, thermal,
Keywords: First Group, Buffalo , Diesel Mechanic serving the Fredonia School District- First Group, Engineering , Fredonia, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!