Manufacturing Controls Engineer - REMOTE, US
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Job Summary Under limited supervision, develop, implement, test,
and maintain automated machinery, processes, and control systems
for the manufacturing environment. Gather requirements and create
specifications for the design of automated control systems that
meet functionality, cost, quality, safety, and time objectives.
Assess effectiveness of automated testing protocols and systems.
Troubleshoot, repair, modify, and enhance automation equipment and
systems. Assist in the development, implementation, and achievement
of goals, objectives, policies, engineering standards and
priorities. May mentor team members and verifies their work on
complex engineering projects.This is a REMOTE role with Travel The
Manufacturing Controls Automation Engineer will lead and support
the global Automation strategy along with automation projects
including but not limited to new equipment, existing equipment
improvements, automation initiatives, standardizations, scale-up,
and validation in a cGMP regulated environment. - Participate in
additional process and engineering functions including development
and improvement initiatives as needed for filling, packaging,
chemical manufacturing equipment and other production and
facilities systems as appropriate.
- Lead the development of the corporate automation strategy
- Develop/implement digital strategy towards integration with
- Develop automation scope and Requests for Quotes to work with
3rd party automation firms on larger projects.
- Vendor and contract management for automation projects
- Develop and maintain appropriate processes and procedures for
system and equipment controls. -
- Responsible for developing and documenting system requirements,
design, installation and testing of new automated equipment and
- Prepare detailed documentation of proposed changes and
implement per change management procedures.
- Design and implement; support and troubleshoot improvements for
existing equipment, processes and systems.
- Identify, propose, justify, facilitate and implement where
appropriate continuous improvement projects following Lean Six
Sigma or similar methodologies.
- Responsible for maintaining back-up copies and change control
on control programs and configuration files for plant-wide PLCs,
HMIs, VFDs, and servo drives.
- Program and test vision systems for product inspections.
- Lead Factory Acceptance Tests, Site Acceptance Tests,
Installation Qualifications (IQ), Operational Qualifications (OQ),
and Performance Qualifications (PQ)
- Specify hardware and instrumentation for controls
- Lead cross-functional project teams for implementation.
- Organize system for maintenance and troubleshooting of
automated equipment; train Maintenance staff on basic
- Prepare business case, cost models and financial justifications
for process improvements or other engineering projects as assigned
- Develop and provide Operator and Maintenance training related
- Specify, design, program and test PLC and HMI systems.
- Maintain compliance with the necessary and appropriate Quality
and Regulatory requirements (such as FDA, ISO, other)
- Facilitate and lead meetings as appropriate for relevant
- Maintain laptop with licenses for programming and
- Execute responsibilities for remote sites as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Qualifications:
- Electrical Engineering Degree is preferred but will except
experience in lieu of degree.
- Must have manufacturing engineering experience.
- Must be hands on and able to read electrical schematics.
- Must be able to travel up to 30% DISCLAIMER:The above
statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of
work being performed by employees assigned to this classification.
They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned
to this position.Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity
employer. EEO Statement:We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative
Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of
sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious
creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected
Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal,
state/province, or local law. If you need a reasonable
accommodation for any part of the employment process, please
contact us by email at and let us know the nature of your request
and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be
considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries
concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded
to from this email address. For more information about equal
employment opportunity protections, please view the Equal
Employment Opportunity is THE LAW Poster, EEO is the Law Poster
Supplement, and Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision using
the links below. 3rd Party Non-Solicitation Policy:By submitting
candidates without having been formally assigned on and contracted
for a specific job requisition by Avantor, or by failing to comply
with the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit any fee on the
submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms and
conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and will
take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based on
its needs and will not be accepting any form of solicitation.
Keywords: Avantor, Buffalo , Manufacturing Controls Engineer - REMOTE, US, Engineering , Austin, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!