Data Center Network Engineer
Company: M&T Bank
Posted on: June 25, 2022
At M&T Tech, we're a team of makers, doers, and builders,
working to create the most advanced technology solutions in
banking. - We're not your stereotypical suit and tie bankers: we're
an innovative team of leading tech experts, pushing boundaries, and
taking risks. - We're building an agile team of the most skilled
and creative workers to solve complex problems, architect
solutions, write high-performance software, and chart our new path,
all to make the lives of our customers, and the communities that we
serve, better. - Join us and be part of something new as we build
tomorrow's bank, today. - - - - - The Technology Infrastructure
Engineering and Operations Team delivers and supports all the
foundational technology used across M&T Bank. - Supports Two
Data Centers, 1 Service Desk, 32,000 End User Computing devices,
14,000 Distributed platforms, 24 Mainframe Regions and process
approximately 635,000 automated jobs per month. - In addition to
that foundational technology level, we also own and deliver End
User & Collaboration tools with a focus on Ease of Use for the
individual employee. - We deliver innovative, and compelling
technology solutions to enhance the internal customer experience
that enables our business partners to deliver. Overview:Responsible
for designing, engineering, maintaining and planning Data Center
infrastructures. - Can lead large and/or more complex Data Center
project installations and configurations. - Has knowledge of Data
Center power, compute and storage technologies. - Create and
maintain runbook documentation and promote to production
procedures. - Up to date with the latest Data Center network
technologies. - Provides training to less experience staff. Primary
- Provide network WAN/LAN design, implementation, consulting and
leadership for Data Center infrastructure.
- Experience with Arista Data Center switches and Arista
CloudVision Portal. - Understanding of VXLAN, VNI, VTEP and BGP
EVPN. - Ability to create configlets and push changes to multiple
Data Center switches. - Cloud Builder scripting and Zero Touch
Provisioning (ZTP) would be a plus.
- Experience with Cisco routers, Cisco Nexus switches and Cisco
Catalyst 6500/9500 series switches. - Practical knowledge of Cisco
- In-depth and practical knowledge of BGP and OSPF routing
- Hands on configuration knowledge of the following: L2 and L3
protocols, such as PVST+, GARP, VPC, VPC+, MLAG, LACP, EIGRP, HSRP,
VRRP and CoS/DSCP QoS.
- Use scripting and/or tools to help automate processes and make
the Data Center infrastructure more efficient, manageable,
available, and secure. - Python scripting is a plus.
- Monitor the Data Center network infrastructure for proper
functionality to accomplish seamless business operations while
keeping in mind client satisfaction and regulatory compliance.
- Execute Data Center circuit turn-up testing and handoff to
operations team for acceptance and monitoring. - Ability to use and
automate testing equipment, such as Ixia and/or Spirent equipment,
is a plus.
- Perform design integration for complex, cross-functional
systems and lead technical design reviews of various infrastructure
projects and function as a high-level technical resource.
- Evaluate and implement designs for Data Center WAN/LAN
architectures, oversee network traffic analysis, bandwidth and
advise modification to the network configuration as per cost
- Gather, combine and analyze business and technical requirements
from critical project partners. Recommend appropriate technological
designs and solutions that align with business requirements, the
company's technical strategy and which provides the most efficient
and cost-effective solution. -
- On call to respond and resolve technical incidents. -
Troubleshoot issues with advanced diagnostic tools,
NetFlow/sFlow/IPFIX and sniffer packet captures. - Work with
vendors for timely solutions.
- Complete Data Center maintenance activities following Standard
Operating Procedures (SOP), such as patching, health checks,
operating system updates, validating changes and maintaining
operational and configuration standards. - Research options when
anomalies occur and choose best course of action.
- Have working knowledge of ITIL practices. Schedule out-of-hours
maintenance changes to reduce operational risk.
- Create and document method of procedures (MoPs) for projects,
work orders and request-based tasks.
- Provide training to less experienced staff.
- Complete evening responsibilities as scheduled.
- Create and maintain Data Center diagrams, documentation,
maintenance tasks and other procedures to serve as a reference
- Participate in and support capacity planning and development of
long-term strategic goals for systems and software in conjunction
with Engineering and Architecture departments.
- Understand and adhere to the Company's risk and regulatory
standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company's
Risk Appetite. - Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the
M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely
implementation of internal and external audit points together with
any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned. Education and
Experience Required:Minimum of 8 years' higher education and/or
work experiencePrior experience reading and digesting technical
informationDetail-orientedStrong written and verbal communication
skillsPrior experience interpreting and/or discussing terminology
or concepts not familiar to many people with othersStrong customer
focus, including ability to manage customer needs and multiple work
prioritiesPrior project management experienceCisco Command line
interface knowledgeEducation and Experience Preferred:Bachelor's
degree in technology-related fieldCertifications or special
training in related technologies, such as CCNP Data CenterPrior
experience leading technical teams toward a common goal or project
within a larger project About M&TM&T Bank is a Top 20 US
bank holding company and one of the best performing and financial
stable regional banks in the country, we offer our technology
employees a wide range of performance-based career development
opportunities. We have a strong commitment to our customers and the
communities we serve, and we continue to grow with a focus on the
future. So, when looking to advance your career, look to M&T.
Grow with us. #MTBTechCareers, #MTBTechLife,
#LI-KB1LocationBuffalo, New York, United States of America
Keywords: M&T Bank, Buffalo , Data Center Network Engineer, Engineering , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!