Quality Technician I
Company: American Refining Group Inc.
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Quality Technician I: Compensation: Full-time, Competitive
Salary (NE25) - commensurate with experience. Comprehensive
Benefits including Health, Life Insurance, STD, 401(k) plan and
more! Company Information:ARG is the oldest continuously operating
refinery in North America dating back to 1881. Privately held, the
employees and leadership pride themselves on offering competitive
pay, generous benefits and a supportive culture of growth and
learning. We are one of the few organizations that offer no-cost
stock ownership in addition to traditional retirement
benefits.Scope & Responsibilities of Quality Technician I: (Not
- Conduct routine laboratory test methods to evaluate products
for adherence to company standards regarding both quality and
- Use job-related equipment in accordance with standard
guidelines, as well as perform housekeeping and basic maintenance
- Complete mathematical calculations to validate test
- Enter data into the Laboratory Information Management System
- Collaborate and build effective working relations with team
members and beyond.
- Provide exceptional internal & external service by
communicating effectively with peers, co-workers, suppliers,
third-party representatives, and supervisors.
- Operate under documented Process Safety Management and ISO
9001:2015 Quality Systems.
- Adhere to safety practices while handling hazardous materials
and comply with the Chemical Hygiene Plan (CHP) and OSHA/TOSCA
regulations. Benefits Available to Quality Technician I:
- Health Insurance including Medical, Dental, Optical &
- Health Savings Accounts & Flexible-Spending Plans
- Life, Accident and Critical Illness Insurance Options
- Short & Long-term Disability Coverage
- Escalating Paid Vacation Plans
- Paid Holidays & Personal Days
- Education & Employee Assistance Plans
- Employee Stock Ownership & 401 (k) PlansEducation & Experience
for Quality Technician I:
- Bachelor of Science with lab experience preferred;
consideration will be given for candidates with Associate of
Science with 1-5 years of work experience &/or High School
Diploma or GED with strong math & science background and 5-10 years
of work experience.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Suite of applications,
including Excel, and general office technologies is required.
- American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certified Quality Technician
(CQT) is desirable.
- Knowledge in water chemistry, refinery and branded lubricants
is advantageous. Other Qualifications of Quality Technician I:
- Possess and maintain valid motor vehicle driver's license.
- May be required to complete Forklift Certification program.
- COVID-19 vaccine is required for any new hire to this position;
candidate must provide proof of full vaccination (reasonable
accommodations will be considered). Physical & Cognitive Demands of
Quality Technician I:
- Meet deadlines, focus attention, work independently,
independent judgments, work with a team, communication,
instruct/synthesize, reading comprehension, critical
- Seeing, speaking, hearing, smell, sitting, walk/climb,
stand/reach, listening, writing, driving, keyboarding.
Push/pull/lift/carry or otherwise transport 50 pounds.
- May be required to work, overtime, weekends, holidays, &/or
callouts to support business activities.
- Regularly handle 5-gallon pails, gas cylinders sample strays,
etc. therefore, must possess sufficient physical strength and
endurance to push/pull/lift/transport minimum of 50 pounds.
- This role requires strong visual skills that specifically
include close, distance, color, peripheral, depth perception and
ability to adjust focus. Additional Notes:This position, as well as
every other position at American Refining Group, is required to
conduct their work at a high level of safety and quality
performance. We require our employees to adhere to safety policies
and procedures and expect they will help and encourage colleagues
to do so as well. Our goal is to strive for a Zero-Incident
environment that is a benefit to our employees and community. Our
commitment to safety is identified as one of our core values:
"Safety is our Compass". Employees are expected to understand and
operate under current Process Safety Management guidelines in
accordance with their role. Adherence to our Refinery Conduct of
Operations in refinery and safety-sensitive functions is critical
to our ongoing commitment to reliable operations. American Refining
Group, Inc. executes and maintains a Quality Management System to
meet specified customer requirements for product performance,
safety, and service. Employees are expected to understand and
operate under ISO 9001 guidelines in executing the functions of
their position. Our Quality Policy states, "American Refining
Group, Inc. is dedicated to meeting customer expectations by
managing risk through continuous improvement and operational
excellence." ARG culture promotes ongoing training and mentoring
that is intended to be a developmental partnership for all
(employees are subject to ongoing performance reviews and
feedback).This is not a job bid - external recruiting is being
conducted concurrently with internal posting. Applicant will be
selected based on qualifications and a job interview; final
selection will rest solely with the Company.Qualified individuals
must be able to perform essential job functions with or without
reasonable accommodations.The above statements are intended to
describe the general nature and level of work being performed; they
are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities. EEO Employer -ARG is committed to providing
reasonable accommodation in our recruiting and employment
practices. If assistance is needed to participate in the
application or interview process, or to perform essential job
functions, please contact Human Resources at 814-368-1392.
Keywords: American Refining Group Inc., Buffalo , Quality Technician I, Engineering , Bradford, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!