Acoustic Beamforming Engineering
Company: VOCAL Technologies - VOCAL.com
Posted on: June 23, 2022
VOCAL Technologies is currently seeking individuals who are
creative, self-motivated, and who demonstrate analytic ability,
practicality, and quality work. We are looking for individuals to
work in our DSP group. Responsibilities include design,
implementation and testing of real-time algorithms for acoustic
field array beamforming, adaptive noise reduction, sound source
localization, acoustic echo cancellation and blind source
- Research on new technologies and how they can be incorporated
in VOCAL's custom products for improvement.
- Testing performance of algorithms such as beamforming, AEC,
ANR, dereverberation, VAD, and BSS by using both subjective and
objective measures, and with speech recognition engines.
- Designing fast and efficient acoustic DSP algorithms for
implementation on embedded processors.
- Coordinate software development activities with other DSP
engineers such as prototyping and tuning algorithms to meet and
exceed customer requirementsQualifications:
- MS or PhD in a field related to Digital Signal Processing.
- Theoretical and working knowledge of adaptive signal processing
and stochastic processes.
- Experience workings with systems utilizing beamforming and/or
- Understand the design of microphone array configurations such
as ULA and UCA.
- Understand the theory of DOA estimation using various
algorithms such as MUSIC, ROOT-MUSIC, ESPRIT, GCC-PHAT, SRP-PHAT
etc. and their limitations for applications to acoustic
signals.VOCAL Technologies, Ltd. is an industry leader providing
innovative communications and networking design solutions for
medical, industrial and military/DoD markets. Since VOCAL's
inception in 1986, the mission has been to provide superior
engineering. VOCAL encourages and rewards continuous learning and
growth of the individual. Our team is constantly solving problems
and expanding their knowledge to provide the best software and
hardware solutions in signal processing.VOCAL is an equal
opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion
in the workplace. VOCAL does not discriminate on the basis of race,
national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation,
protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally
protected status. VOCAL makes hiring decisions based solely on
qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
Keywords: VOCAL Technologies - VOCAL.com, Buffalo , Acoustic Beamforming Engineering, Engineering , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!