Lead Data Engineer
Company: Delaware North
Posted on: November 19, 2021
The OpportunityDelaware North is searching for Lead Data
Engineer to join our Information Technology (IT) organization's
Data Products and Services team. The work this team does is the
foundation of company initiatives meant to automate business
processes, gather insights, and make more informed decisions. Using
Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) offerings and open source software,
you will join the team in aggregating, processing, cataloging, and
distributing large data sets throughout our global organization,
client base, and partners.Our stack includes Apigee, API Gateway,
Python, Django, Apache Airflow, MongoDB, and Amazon Web Services
resources such as Lambda, EBS, and S3.Responsibilities
- Design and implement project-based solutions.
- Implement data platform improvements and new features.
- Assist the support team with the resolution of data platform
- Interface with clients, vendors, and internal users of the data
platform on understanding the data.
- Participate in group design and architecture sessions.
- Author documentation for standard operating procedures,
knowledge base articles, etc.
- Develop integration tests to validate solutions.
- Analyze data and make recommendations to optimize current
- Understands the needs of SMEs with the opportunity to carry
over to additional Delaware North subsidiaries.
- Functions as a technical expert across multiple project
assignments, with the ability to effectively communicate and
influence colleagues and senior management.Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or
similar STEM field preferred.
- 4+ years of experience working with data and data analytics
- Minimum 3 years of experience with ETL processes.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and consistently
meet internal and external deadlines.
- Proficiency in communicating with clients, partners, and team
- Experience designing and developing solutions with a modern
- Working knowledge of data structures and formats such as JSON
- Ability to effectively collaborate with business users and
vendors to address development issues.
- Ability to effectively triage and track issues through to
- Passion for delivering high-quality and meaningful
- Technical specification and use case (story) documentation,
such as UML, Domain and Entity-Relationship Modeling, Business
- Working knowledge of data persistence methods such as NoSQL and
RDBMS (MSSQL, Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB).
- Working knowledge or best CI/CD practices.
- Experience building data transformation pipelines.
- Familiarity with data mapping and transformation
- Preferred skills and experience include:
- Familiarity with RESTful Web Services, ETL, and
- Integration testing and automation using a continuous
integration (CI) platform.
- Familiarity with cloud computing, analysis & implementation
experience (bonus if it relates to Amazon Web Services
- Experience working with Agile methodologies.
- Proficiency with Unix/Linux.
- Experience with Configuration Management tools.Who We AreAt
Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and
how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos,
airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants,
there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We
empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of
success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the
thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with
us.Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries
consider applicants for all positions without regard to race,
color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability,
marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally
protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity
Keywords: Delaware North, Buffalo , Lead Data Engineer, Engineering , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!