Sr. Cisco Network Engineer
Company: NPAworldwide Recruitment Network
Posted on: March 27, 2020
Job #: 30072 Title: Sr. Cisco Network Engineer Job Location:
Buffalo, New York - United States Employment Type: Salary:
$85,000.00 - $100,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly Employer Will
Recruit From: Regional Relocation Paid?: NO WHY IS THIS A GREAT
OPPORTUNITY? Our client is a well-established international
manufacturing organization with primary operations in Buffalo. They
offer competitive salaries and extensive benefits including an
extremely lucrative 401k matching program and tuition
reimbursement. JOB DESCRIPTION
This position is open due to a retirement. Rather than simply
replacing the individual who is retiring, our client has expanded
the role, making the selected candidate a key resource in the
Design/Implementation/Supporting of LAN and WAN networks and
underlying devices and applications. In this position, you will be
responsible for contributing to the design, configuration,
implementation, and support for the LAN, WAN, VoIP, Video
Conferencing, WLAN, SAN and Camera infrastructures.
- Participate in the definition and design of all aspects of
networking such as switching, routing, load balancing, and firewall
- Participate in Cyber Security design and implementations.
- Develop and implement technical operational procedures,
standards, and templates with any existing and new technology.
- Provides counsel and leadership in future use of technology and
business process improvements.
- As required, provides regular on-call 24/7 support of the
Network environment in various sites such as; plant and test track
- Participate in on-call rotation to provide continual 24/7
support for users.
- Analyzes problems and manages solutions during testing and
- Responsible for vendor management.
- Provides technical guidance and mentoring to more junior IT
staff in the area of network infrastructure.
- Participate in Factory Automation ID team to implement and
maintain Barcode Scanning and RFID equipment.
- Help Administrate Monitoring Software and creating proactively
create alerts and reports as needed.
- Help determine and communicate Root Cause of any production
affecting issues. QUALIFICATIONS
- BS in Information Systems or related discipline preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role including
experience with LAN/WAN; TCP/IP, OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, SIP, MPLS,
carrier troubleshooting, VoIP, Voice QOS/COS technologies.
- Preferred certifications for any or all of the following: Cisco
Certified Network Administrator (CCNA), Cisco Certified Network
Professional (CCNP), Cisco Certified Voice Professional (CCVP),
Cisco Certified Security Professional (CCSP).
- Must have strong engineering and implementation skills
especially around the Cisco (switches/routers/wireless
controllers), Fortinet Firewalls
- Must have strong experience in network voice and data; access,
performance, scalability, security, reliability, and fault
- Must understand technical problems and solutions in relation to
current as well as future business environments.
- Must be proficient in Network/Protocol Traffic Analysis
instruments such as Wireshark.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and delegate work to others
in an effective matter.
- Must be able to interface well with people across various
levels of the organization and across all departments.
- Ability to successfully work independently with little
supervision while consistently utilizing initiative and good
- Strong aptitude for working with technology, coupled with the
ability to learn and absorb new information quickly required.
- Must possess documentation skills
- In depth knowledge of other infrastructure areas preferred such
as servers, SANs, VMware
- Willingness to work on any problem even if not primary
Keywords: NPAworldwide Recruitment Network, Buffalo , Sr. Cisco Network Engineer, Engineering , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!