Finance Transition Analyst
Company: Delaware North
Posted on: July 14, 2019
Our Exciting Work Environment This position will be based out of
Delaware North's new global headquarters, a state-of-the-art,
12-story, mixed-use building in downtown Buffalo, N.Y. The
headquarters facility, reflective of our values, integrates the
latest advances in environmental, energy conservation and office
The Opportunity This role is responsible for supporting the
transition of finance, accounting, financial systems, operating
models and processes across the Delaware North enterprise. The
Finance Transition Analyst must collaborate with key stakeholders
and support change in a transition project environment. This role
will also assist in setting up and stabilizing service delivery
processes and will work with key stakeholders across the enterprise
to achieve project goals and company objectives.
- Support Global Business Services leadership in executing global
strategy for an end-to-end process including technologies.
- Review end-to-end process performance and support governance
for process adoption and business demand.
- Participate in governance and service delivery while assisting
in resolving operational issues.
- Provide timely and high-quality delivery of Global Business
- Learn and implement financial processes, performing the
functions in an accurate and timely manner.
- Understand and monitor accounting processes and work with
manager to identify and remediate gaps.
- Support internal and external service management needs by
responding to client inquires and dispute resolution.
- Work closely with management to continuously improve efficacy
of transitions and handoffs between Business Services and MSP
- Formulate, measure and monitor key performance indicators for
- Document systems and processes, assist in training others to
- Be accountable for and drive process transformation; work with
management to facilitate key decisions related to the process,
including target setting, process performance management, and
- Enable deployment and adoption of end-to-end process and ensure
consistency between MSP process execution and Business Services
organization centralized or present at business units.
- Ensure consistency in process execution by Business Services
staff located at Delaware North business units.
- Work with management to coordinate the identification, scoping
and prioritization of systems and process improvements .
- Work in conjunction with the performance management team to
develop and operationalize SLAs and any applicable reporting and
analytics to measure the efficacy and efficiency of their
- Escalate issues that may impact end-to-end processes; manage
through times of crisis and ambiguity that may require business
continuity plans be put in action.
- Collaborate with co-workers to stand up systems and processes
during transitional periods and while process is being
- Collaborate with data owners/stewards to align on process and
- Stay abreast of process trends and leading practices occurring
in the marketplace and work with management to facilitate strategic
direction and process enhancement. Required Education, Experience &
- Bachelors in Business Admin, Management Information Systems,
Finance, or Accounting required; MS in preferred.
- 1 year of related experience preferred, but will also consider
new graduates with relevant internship experience.
- Ability to travel up to a proximately 20% or as required by
- Ability to understand financial systems, process and
- Continuous improvement facilitation.
- Monitor system and workflow processes and execution.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with potentially
rapidly changing priorities.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills to manager
all stakeholder communication, alignment and engagement,
facilitation, and collaboration. Who We Are Take your career beyond
the ordinary-to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with,
and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos,
airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants,
there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We
empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of
success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the
thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with
Delaware North is one of the largest privately held hospitality
companies in the world. Founded in 1915 and owned by the Jacobs
family for more than 100 years, Delaware North has global
operations at high-profile places such as sports and entertainment
venues, national and state parks, destination resorts and
restaurants, airports, and regional casinos. Our 55,000 employee
associates are dedicated to creating special experiences one guest
at a time in serving more than a half-billion guests annually.
Delaware North operates in the sports, travel hospitality,
restaurant and catering, parks, resorts, gaming, and specialty
retail industries and has annual revenue of about $3 billion. Learn
more about Delaware North, a global leader in hospitality, at .
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check
and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the
position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries
consider applicants for all positions without regard to race,
color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability,
marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally
protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity
Keywords: Delaware North, Buffalo , Finance Transition Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!