Associate Financial Analyst
Company: Delaware North
Posted on: March 16, 2019
Our Exciting Work Environment This position will be based out of Delaware North's new global headquarters, a state-of-the-art, 12-story, mixed-use building in downtown Buffalo, N.Y. The headquarters facility, reflective of our values, integrates the latest advances in environmental, energy conservation and office design. The Opportunity It's your career. Take it beyond the ordinary to the extraordinary. From the first serve at the Australian Open, to the Super Bowl kickoff, to a four-star meal at LAX, to seeing the natural wonder of the Grand Canyon. In these moments and in millions more like them, we're there. We're working behind the scenes, making each guest experience, moment and memory the best it can be. With operations on four continents, serving half a billion guests a year, it's not easy to come up with a simple phrase that captures all we do. We're world leaders in culinary and hospitality. We're specialists in serving up what fans crave, and at making travelers and visitors feel right at home. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us. The Role The Associate Financial Analyst performs financial and operational analysis with the goal of improving the efficiency of subsidiary operations, as well as providing reporting to all levels of company management. In this role, you will also work closely with the business development team on building out new business pro formas to demonstrate potential for operational growth, and review and analyze new business proposals to assuring accuracy and consistency with our business growth objectives. The Analyst plays a regular role in the preparation and review of budget plans and supporting schedules with their subsidiary partners. Daily/Monthly Activities
- Collect data and organize, disseminate and interpret financial information. Perform analysis of financial information of the individual operating companies and consolidated DNC. Examine costs, financial results and other pertinent data and highlight variances. Prepare and analyze weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports that meet the needs of operating company management, DNC management and DNC Board of Directors.
- Prepare pro forma projections for new business opportunities. Collect financial information to prepare forecasts from subsidiary operating personnel and corporate support groups. Model different scenarios and options to support management's new business initiatives.
- Assist in the preparation of unit budgets and consolidate plans into company financial statements. Review subsidiary plans for conformance to company-wide standards and guidelines. Prepare other supporting documents for the annual plan as needed. Assist with preparation of periodic financial projections and forecasts. What knowledge, skills and experience do you need to be successful? Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related required
- 6 months - 1 year of experience. We are open to entry level candidates with internship experience (Must be able to start full time before May).
- Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills. Preferred:
- Experience with People Soft financials including experience uploading plans, downloading data, extracting information and preparing reports with the information provided.
- Master's degree preferred. Who We Are Delaware North is one of the largest privately held hospitality companies in the world. Founded in 1915 and owned by the Jacobs family for more than 100 years, Delaware North has global operations at high-profile places such as sports and entertainment venues, national and state parks, destination resorts and restaurants, airports, and regional casinos. Our 55,000 employee associates are dedicated to creating special experiences one guest at a time in serving more than a half-billion guests annually. Delaware North operates in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurant and catering, parks, resorts, gaming, and specialty retail industries and has annual revenue of about $3 billion. Learn more about Delaware North, a global leader in hospitality, at . All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements. Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer. #LI-PE1
Keywords: Delaware North, Buffalo , Associate Financial Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!