Financial Analyst IV (CCAR team)
Company: M&T Bank
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Overview:The Corporate FP&A department is made up of
approximately 40 contributors, primarily located in Buffalo, NY,
comprising the Planning and Forecasting team, the CCAR team, and
the Financial Reporting Systems team.The CCAR teams' primary
responsibility is to coordinate and submit M&T's Capital Plan
and Stress Testing forecasts as part of the Dodd-Frank Act Stress
Test ("DFAST") and Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review
("CCAR") requirements, which includes aggregation and analysis of
all model and business unit forecasts of loan originations, loan
balances, deposits, and noninterest income and expense from all
major portfolios from across the Bank.The Financial Analyst IV will
conduct technical research and financial analysis projects to
provide senior management with definitive financial data and advice
for their use in setting and realizing strategic objectives,
particularly in support of M&T's Capital Planning & Stress
- Conduct independent research and analytical projects involving
financial modeling/forecasting to provide senior management with
definitive financial trend data and advice for their use in setting
and realizing strategic objectives.
- Perform detailed, interpretative financial analysis utilizing
financial tools to demonstrate scenario outcomes. Build and
maintain financial forecasting tools/models.
- Compose presentations and written narratives that summarize the
impact of various macroeconomic scenarios on M&T's projected
financial statements and capital outlooks.
- Aggregate, analyze, and present financial forecasts comprised
from business leaders and quantitative modelers to determine
balance sheet, credit loss, noninterest income, and operating
expense forecasts to be used in CCAR projections. Develop and
recommend overlays/adjustments to be adopted in final CCAR
- Conduct variance analysis summarizing key differences and
drivers between M&T's Capital Plan forecasts and actual
quarterly financial results.
- Prepare, manage and analyze granular model results and/or large
financial datasets using Structured Query Language (SQL) or data
reporting tools to enunciate forecast drivers and underlying risk
- Support the team's interactions with Federal Reserve CCAR
- Interpret and summarize changing regulatory policy and
accounting guidance that impact M&T's capital planning
processes, including Basel Capital Accords and the Capital Plan &
Stress Test Rules.
- Complete FR 14-A regulatory reporting schedules summarizing
forecasted financial and capital metrics.
- Ensure success through shared responsibility of team workload
to achieve department/project objectives (volume, quality,
timeliness of end results).
- Work in collaboration with business units, modeling teams, and
risk management areas to provide analysis in support of M&T's
Capital Planning and Stress Testing process.
- Display proficiency in the financial planning and reporting
systems/tools (such Hyperion Planning, Hyperion Financial
Management, Essbase, SAS Finance Risk Workbench, etc.) used to
generate financial reports and financial forecasts.
- Demonstrate an advanced knowledge of finance and accounting
concepts through the aggregation and analysis of financial
- Create & maintain documentation of assigned
- Display an advanced understanding of M&T's (or applicable
Business Unit within) financial statements; including awareness of
key drivers/trends in major Balance Sheet and Income Statement line
items.Supervisory/ Managerial Responsibility:May have indirect
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 5 years' experience OR
Associate's degree and a minimum of 7 years' experience in
accounting, auditing, operations or financial institutions.
- Comprehensive understanding of concepts and principles in
multiple disciplines including finance and accounting.
- Proficiency in accounting / finance analysis, modeling,
querying and visualization tools.Education and Experience
Preferred:Advanced degree or professional certification (i.e. CPA,
CFA, etc.) LocationBuffalo, New York, United States of America
Keywords: M&T Bank, Buffalo , Financial Analyst IV (CCAR team), Accounting, Auditing , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!