Investment Banking Analyst-1
Company: M&T Bank
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Overview:Serve as a member of an analyst team that supports
senior investment bankers in Investment Banking transactions.
Prepare financial analysis and assist in the preparation of
proposals and pitches.Primary Responsibilities:
- Participate in the preparation of financial projections to
support investment banking engagements, including: financial
modeling; comparable company transaction multiple or deal structure
analyses to support deal positioning, negotiation and
- Assist in the preparation of memoranda, presentation materials,
and marketing materials.
- Facilitate research projects that underpin transaction
positioning and recommendations to enhance shareholder value.
- Coordinate and carryout routine operational tasks that arise on
a day-to-day basis.
- Maintain financing source, investor or client databases to
create efficiencies in the deal marketing and execution process and
other databases used in the deal marketing and execution
- Assist in the identification of "deal-appropriate" investors,
participating in the marketing of deals to them.
- Assist in the preparation of new client proposals and responses
to request for proposals, which includes reviewing text, preparing
financial analysis and inserting relevant charts/graphs.
- Manage business unit projects as assigned.
- Maintain appropriate records to ensure compliance with
- Adhere to applicable compliance/operational risk controls in
accordance with Company or regulatory standards and policies.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the
M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely
implementation of internal and external audit points together with
any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.Scope of
Responsibilities:Position will support work teams (investment
bankers, relationship managers, and other analysts) and works under
the Senior Investment Banking Associates and/or deal team
leader.Position requires interaction with clients and referral
sources-external (prospective customers) and internal (various Bank
personnel) contacts to perform responsibilities.Incumbent must be
comfortable working in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
and be able to handle a high-level of responsibility. Position
supports multiple, parallel work teams simultaneously as many
projects have tight deadlines.Supervisory/ Managerial
Responsibilities:NoneEducation and Experience Required:Bachelor's
degree in business and 2 years' banking or financial services
experience, or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 6 years'
higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 2
year's banking or financial services experience.Series 79 or Series
52 or within six months after hire must obtain either the Series 79
or Series 52 securities licenseHighly proficient in Microsoft
Office: Word, Excel and Power Point.Education and Experience
Preferred:Previous banking or financial services experience and
participation in a formal bank training program.Solid analytical,
written and verbal skills as well as demonstrated ability to work
in a team-oriented environment.Strong writing and editing skills,
as well as strong math/analytical skills.Excellent verbal and
written communication and presentation skills.Self-motivated,
well-organized individual.Strong interpersonal skills with the
ability to interact with all levels of personnel.LocationBuffalo,
New York, United States of America
Keywords: M&T Bank, Buffalo , Investment Banking Analyst-1, Accounting, Auditing , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!