Fiduciary Tax Accountant II
Company: M&T Bank
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Overview:Prepare tax returns for bank clients and trusts. These
generally include 1041, 1040, and 990. Support client facing teams
and in some cases clients with insight related to various tax
questions about tax law, specific returns or implications due to
financial transactions.Primary Responsibilities:
- Responsible for an assigned book of accounts and the timely and
accurate preparation of moderately complex tax returns including
- Adhere to and maintain an understanding of the systems and
procedures of the Fiduciary Tax area
- Participate in training within and outside the department to
expand job-related knowledge.
- Understand and adhere to the Company's risk and regulatory
standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company's
Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the
M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely
implementation of internal and external audit points together with
any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.Education and
Experience Required:Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 2 years'
experience preparing income tax returns, or in lieu of a degree, a
combined minimum of 6 years' higher education and/or work
experience.Minimum of 2 years' experience preparing income tax
returns focused on trust tax.Understanding of pertinent word
processing and spreadsheet software.Education and Experience
Preferred:Bachelor's degree in AccountingExperience preparing trust
income tax returnsExperience with pertinent tax-related systems and
software including OnseSource#LI-RS1LocationBuffalo, New York,
United States of America
Keywords: M&T Bank, Buffalo , Fiduciary Tax Accountant II, Accounting, Auditing , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!