Senior Treasury Liquidity Risk Analyst (Hybrid or Remote)
Company: M&T Bank
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Overview: Provides analysis and reporting of liquidity risk to
senior management to support strategic and tactical decisions
regarding the Bank's balance sheet. -Assists less experienced
analysts in completing relevant reporting, ensuring accuracy and
timely delivery of the reports.
Location: this position can be performed on site at M&T Plaza
in Buffalo, NY, in a hybrid capacity, or fully remote from anywhere
in the US.
- Complete regular analysis and reporting of the Bank's balance
sheet liquidity risk position to senior management, providing a
clear explanation of key drivers for changes in risk profile to
meet internal and external regulatory guidance, and support
management's decision-making process.
- Develop custom reports to support activities and enhance
analysis using spreadsheet software, Online Analytical Processing
(OLAP) and Business Intelligence software.
- Assist Asset Liability Management (ALM) and Funding teams to
develop liquidity strategies by preparing, analyzing and reporting
various stress scenarios modeled in QRM (Quantitative Risk
Management) to support senior management.
- Partner with business lines and Treasury team members to
incorporate liquidity planning into balance sheet and model
assumptions for forecasting the Bank's balance sheet through a
sophisticated model known as QRM. -
- Stay abreast of current and proposed regulatory guidance and
industry best business practices as they relate to liquidity risk
- Understand and adhere to the Company's risk and regulatory
standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company's
Risk Appetite. - Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the
M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely
implementation of internal and external audit points together with
any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other ad hoc projects as needed.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related
field and a minimum of 2 years' risk management experience, or in
lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 6 years' higher education
and/or work experience, including a minimum of 2 years' risk
- Knowledge of banking products and behaviors related to
liquidity risk management
- Strong quantitative kills
- Strong financial skills
- Strong economic skills
- Strong statistical skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong desire to learn
- Advanced computer skills and strong knowledge of pertinent
spreadsheet and database software
Education and Experience Preferred:
- Professional experience working in the liquidity risk
- Master's degree in Business Administration (MBA) or Chartered
Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Proficiency with personal computers and relevant analytical
software packages in the field: Quantitative Risk Management
- Experience in mathematical modeling of financial
- Skilled analyst with prior banking experience
- Knowledge of bank products and services
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, deadline-driven
environment, coordinating multiple projects simultaneously
LocationBuffalo, New York, United States of America
Keywords: M&T Bank, Buffalo , Senior Treasury Liquidity Risk Analyst (Hybrid or Remote), Accounting, Auditing , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!