UX Service Designer- Open to remote
Company: M&T Bank
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Overview:As a Service Designer on the M&T Experience Design
& Innovation team, you will design service and touchpoint
experiences. Location: Buffalo, NY, Wilmington, DE, or open to
remote Primary Responsibilities:
- Part of a team dedicated to an opportunity space as a part of a
broader experience vision.
- Ideate and conceptualize service concepts aligned to strategies
defined by product and workstream leads.
- Support the design and preparation of design workshops using
human-centered and design thinking methodologies as part of a
cross-functional team dedicated to a specific opportunity
- Contribute to user/customer research in partnership with our
Experience Research team.
- Translate user/customer insights into potential opportunity
spaces for providing differentiating service experiences.
- Tactically apply service design tools and methods (e.g.,
journey maps, service blueprints).
- Contribute example service design best practices for M&T
- Work closely with peers from Product, Process, Finance,
Research, Analytics, and Technology.
- Communicate decision-making rationale to team members.
- Adhere to applicable compliance/operational risk controls in
accordance with Company or regulatory standards and policies.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the
M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely
implementation of internal and external audit points together with
any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned. Scope of
Responsibilities:The M&T Experience Design & Innovation team is
a dedicated team of designers, developers, strategists, and leaders
who believe in the transformative power of customer centricity. We
believe that focus on craft and advocacy for the customer as truth
are keys to building differentiated, innovative experiences. We
lead by example --- staying curious, doing the work, and
challenging assumptions at every turn. We---re bold enough to
believe that great design can exist at a bank, and that it can be a
catalyst to bettering the lives of our customers and the
communities we share with them. Our mission: Combine deep human
understanding with the bank---s full suite of capabilities to
provide personal, connected, and surprisingly simple banking
experiences that help our customers achieve their financial goals.
Managerial/Supervisory Responsibilities:None Education and
Experience Required:Bachelor's degree in Service Design, Human
Computer Interaction, Strategic Design, or similar, and a minimum
of 2 years relevant experience or in lieu of a degree, a combined
minimum of 6 years education and/or relevant work/service design
experienceExperience creating service blueprints, illustrated
journey maps, concept designs, service experience prototypes,
empathy maps, and value proposition proposals to communicate ideas
and designsAbility to establish strong working relationships with
colleaguesProficiency in design and prototyping tools such as
Adobe, Sketch, InVision, Figma or other similar tools used widely
in the design communityKnowledge in industry best practices for
digital and non-digital products and servicesExperience with
accessibility standards, cross-platform issues, mobile user
interfaces and systems-thinking Education and Experience
- Customer Centric --- Outside in perspective with a focus on
improving the customer experience
- Curiosity --- Seeks out ways to improve the customer
- Resilient --- Respectful of broad opinions and makes tough
calls with ease
- Driven & Prioritization --- Self-motivated and knows how to say
- Challenges assumptions
- Decisive & Lead Taking --- Sense of urgency with an ability to
- Takes ownership with a strong sense of accountability
- Interdependent --- Communicates and convenes others; reaches
- Continuously seeks out ways to improveFamiliarity with design
systemsExperience in financial services industry a plusPhysical
Requirements:NoneLocationBuffalo, New York, United States of
Keywords: M&T Bank, Buffalo , UX Service Designer- Open to remote, Accounting, Auditing , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!