Business & Commercial Collection Specialist I
Company: M&T Bank
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Overview:Responsible for managing an assigned customer base of
delinquent loans, mitigating loss situations and reducing
nonaccrual and loss population to M&T Bank.-- Evaluate status
of loan to decide on interactions with customers, Branch Managers
and Relationship Managers.-- Transfer accounts to Workout Team
based on delinquency or other risk triggering factors. Primary
- Responsible for handling past due Commercial loans, Mortgages,
Leases, Lines of Credit, Credit Cards and overdrawn Deposit
- Interact with customers via outbound calls, inbound calls and
- Collaborate with direct management, business customers, sales
and branch reps, and relationship managers to determine appropriate
solutions which can include a recommendation for non-accrual and
- Initiate direct contact with business customers and all
guarantors assessing the prospect of repayment; make
recommendations for transfer to Workout/Special Assets.
- Collaborate with Relationship Manager---s and CAM business
partners to determine collateral type, value, and direction of loss
- Thoroughly document loan/relationships supporting business
- Investigate and conduct skip tracing as required, utilizing
- Keep abreast of business and market trends that may affect
- Adhere to applicable compliance/operational risk controls in
accordance with Company or regulatory standards and policies.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely
implementation of internal and external audit points together with
any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the
M&T Bank brand.
- Complete other related duties as assigned. Scope of
Responsibilities:Large percentage of time spent on the phone with
customers.Work under general supervision. Education and Experience
Required:A combined 3 years--- higher education and/or work
experience with a minimum of 1 year collection experience or
customer services/sales experience. Experience with word
processing, spreadsheet and presentation software.Detail
oriented.Strong verbal and written communication skills. Education
and Experience Preferred:Bachelor---s degree.Two years---
collection experience.Knowledge of the Commercial, Revolving Credit
or Overdraft products.Exposure to financial statements, analysis,
and collateral valuation.Knowledge of M&T Bank systems.
LocationGetzville, New York, United States of America
Keywords: M&T Bank, Buffalo , Business & Commercial Collection Specialist I, Accounting, Auditing , Getzville, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!