Sr. Data Analyst - Internal Audit/Risk Review
Posted on: February 16, 2020
The candidate will be a member of Risk Review Group's (RRG) Data
Analytics (DA) Function, who is responsible for the execution of
audit analytics and championing projects aimed at improving
analytic capabilities. This role requires an organized individual
with strong communication and analytical skills. Experience within
the financial services industry and a demonstrated excellence in
applying analytical concepts are required. Additionally, the
individual will leverage strong collaboration skills to work with
engagement teams and the bank's line of defenses to effectively
analyze bank data with the goal of driving depth of review coverage
and increasing efficiency within scheduled reviews.
Essential Job Functions:
* Leverage current and emerging enterprise technologies to progress
RRG's data analytics strategy to advanced stages of RRG's maturity
* Leverages existing enterprise meta data repositories and assist
in the development of RRG documentation on data sources to
facilitate locating, accessing, understanding and analyzing
* Evaluate centralized and decentralized data sources and provide
feedback to the DA Function Manager with supporting recommendations
and implementation strategies. Partner with Key Technology &
Operations personnel to identify efficient means of harvesting data
for analysis as well as emerging tools and technologies.
* Thoroughly understand the objectives of audit teams to creatively
identify/define analytics that can improve the efficiency and
effectiveness of audits. Act as an internal consultant to various
RRG teams, providing expert knowledge of company systems, processes
and associated data. Assist audit teams throughout the data
acquisition process to ensure that the requirements for scoped
analytics are met within reasonable timeframes.
* Design and evolve methods to integrate the use of data analytics
into risk reviews, risk universe scoring, risk indicators, annual
planning, continuous monitoring, and continuous auditing. Assist in
the development of the standard toolkit for data mining and data
analytics utilizing SAS Enterprise Guide. Analyze and develop
visualization and reporting solutions utilizing Tableau.
* Promotes the use of a data quality framework to 1) demonstrate
the accuracy of data used by RRG for data analytics and 2) provide
the criteria for RRG to evaluate the accuracy of data used for
regulatory and management reporting.
* Assist management in enforcing new standards and methodologies
that enhance the DA Function's strategy and framework.
* Stay abreast of evolving utilization, best practices, and trends
in the use of data analytics for internal audit, credit,
operational and other risk areas within large banks. Stay informed
on regulatory expectations for the use of data analytics in banks.
Keep RRG management apprised of trends and evaluation of RRG
adoption in relation to trends and expectations.
Preferred Skill Sets:
* Experience with data harvesting and DA and CAAT tools (i.e. Base
SAS, SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS Enterprise Miner, ACL, Microsoft SQL
* Ability to analyze and recommend visualization and reporting
tools (e.g, Tableau, Qlikview, Spotfire, Cognos, etc.)
* Experience with the mainframe zOS, distributed server
environments (Unix, Windows, etc.), databases (Oracle, DB2, SQL,
etc.), ETL middleware (i.e. AbInitio)
* Experience with managing software in large scale environment with
* Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, and negotiation
* The ability to effectively handle challenging client requests and
facilitate collaborative professional relationships with
* Excellent written communication skills.
* Excellent client service focus and relationship management
* Proven ability to work autonomously and in teams.
* 2+ years of DA and data extraction experience with diverse and
complex data structures.
* 2+ years audit experience or comparable risk, control and
* Education background with an emphasis on Business Analytics,
Quantitative Analysis, or Statistics or
* Education background in IT or Finance/Accounting and experience
in data analytics
* Comprehensive and current knowledge of financial service company
products, services, and strategies
* Preferred Certification (one of the following):
* Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
* Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
* Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
* Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
* SAS Certified Programmer
* SAS Certified Advanced Programmer
* ACL Certified Data Analyst
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an
inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or veteran status.
Keywords: KeyCorp, Buffalo , Sr. Data Analyst - Internal Audit/Risk Review, Accounting, Auditing , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!