VP, Financial Accounting Lead Analyst - Controllers Treasury (Buffalo, NY)
Posted on: February 16, 2020
The Finance Acctg Lead Analyst is a strategic professional who
stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to
directional strategy by considering their application in own job
and the business. Recognized technical authority for an area within
the business. Requires basic commercial awareness. There are
typically multiple people within the business that provide the same
level of subject matter expertise. Developed communication and
diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and
convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and
occasional external customers. Significant impact on the area
through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related
to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts an
entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and
effectiveness of the sub-function/job family.Responsibilities:
- Supports the management and control data flows to and within
Finance applications to ensure integrity and completeness of data,
including by preparing and recording financial transactions for
legal vehicle and regulatory reporting purposes, updating the
general ledger, recording financial transactions, and preparing of
consolidated financial statements, in accordance with management
reporting requirements, for legal vehicle & regulatory purposes.
Also, includes specialized accounting, such as equity compensation,
securitization, payroll and investment accounting.
- Provides advises on directional strategy by analyzing subject
matter and its application in own job and the business.
- Acts as a technical expert who acts as an advisor on
significant business/product decisions.
- Take responsibility for the accurate reporting of accounting
reconciliations on Citi reporting tools.
- Review and examine key controls for accounting process across
multiple process being handled.
- Focuses on the implementation of policies and procedures.
- Partner with key stakeholders including legal entity managers,
e.g., Country, Balance Sheet control group (BSCG), Global process
lead (GPL) & Global process owner (GPO) across multiple locations
communicating progress on assigned process completion.
- Identify and appropriately highlight / escalate potential
issues relating to account with stakeholders such as Regional
Balance Sheet control group / Country controllers / Global process
lead (GPL) and Global process owner (GPO) and work with them for
- Applies in-depth understanding of concepts and procedures
within own area and advanced knowledge of other areas to resolve
issues that have impact beyond own area.
- Demonstrates an advanced understanding of how multiple process
collectively integrate to contribute to achieving business
- Directly impacts the leadership in multiple process through
responsibility for delivery of end results leading to business
- Ensures essential procedures are followed and contributes to
- Provides assurance and partners with audit team to monitor
controls and accuracy of accounting.
- Persuades and influences others through strong communication
and diplomacy skills.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made,
demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation
and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving
compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to
Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal
behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing
and reporting control issues with transparency.Qualifications:
- Chartered Accountant (CA) / Master in business administration
(MBA)/ Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or equivalent combination
- 6-10 years of experience in accounting management with
commensurate stakeholder management experienceEducation:
- Bachelors/University degree, Masters degree preferredThe
position performs at the pleasure of the CTI Hedge Controller and
the CTI Lead project manager to perform any tasks assigned relative
to the LIBOR/SOFR transition.Grade :All Job Level - All Job
FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - USTime Type :Full
timeCiti is an equal opportunity and affirmative action
Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.Citigroup Inc. and
its subsidiaries ("Citi) invite all qualified interested applicants
to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a
disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search
tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE at
https://www.citigroup.com/citi/accessibility.html .To view the "EEO
is the Law" poster CLICK HERE at
To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE at
.To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE at
http://citi.com/citi/diversity/assets/pdf/eeoaapolicy.pdf .To view
the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE at
.Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual
Keywords: Citigroup, Buffalo , VP, Financial Accounting Lead Analyst - Controllers Treasury (Buffalo, NY), Accounting, Auditing , Buffalo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!